Potential employers or customers don’t need to know your personal relationship status or your home address. They do need to know about your expertise and professional background, and how to get in touch with you. You wouldn’t hand purely personal information out to strangers individually—don’t hand it out to millions of people online.
Be careful where you download
- Avoid torrent sites and download from trusted sites
- This can potentially have malicious software to steal passwords
Ensure you have antivirus software running and thats its updated
Make sure you are visiting trusted sites with locks
- Use a minimum of 10 characters
- Use a combination of UPPER-CASE and lower-case letters
- Include one or more numbers
- Include special characters, such as @, #, $
- Passwords may not be the same as your username or ID
- Do not reuse old passwords
- Do not use commonly used passwords (e.g. Password123)
- Do not use the company name or an abbreviation of the name
- All passwords are set to expire after 42 days
- Passwords will be locked after 3 incorrect attempts
Enable 2- Factor Authentication to your accounts.
This is additional verification by SMS or E-mail with a OTP.
Use Authenticator apps were you can for even further security